Monday, December 21, 2009

the return of "the adventures of sheena!"

I'm back!

It was an incredibly busy fall, and some things had to give....the blog was one of them! Here's what I was up to:

September:

I started two new classes (Career Counseling & Intervention through Consultation), and continued substitute teaching for El Monte. Because of teacher cuts, there were a lot less jobs, but I was thankful for the few I got, and so so so happy to see the students again!

October:

I had the pleasure of being in my friend Amy & Noah's wedding. It was a blast, and such a blessing to see them tie the knot! They are very special people to me, and I was able to spend some time with other family & friends in Wisconsin & Minnesota.


I started the first 300 hours of my School Counseling Internship at a Jr. High in Duarte, CA. It was definitely a GOD-thing, starting from the way I stumbled upon the opportunity, to the staff and students at the school. I was worried about where to complete my hours, and in one of my classes, the professor told us a local Jr. High was needing an intern, so I volunteered right away, and a couple days later had the position. As soon as I went to the school, I knew it was a fit for me! The secretary was a Packer's fan, the School Counselor was a Jesus-lover, and I was getting to work with middle schoolers...my favorite!

I also subbed part-time, and definitely laughed every day by the comments made by students!

November:

Continued working at my internship and subbing as much as possible!

I finished my two classes, and started another one (Ethics & Leadership)! 13 classes down, 1 more to go!

My roommate and I threw a baby shower for our friend Priscilla who is expecting her first child in January!

I was able to go to Cambria, CA, with my friends Danny, Colleen, Amanda, and Dave. My friend Dave's parents have a beautiful house on the ocean, and we were able to stay with them for two days. We got to see elephant seals, go to a winery, and a fisherman's wharf. It was a great weekend of relaxing.

I had my first visitors since I've lived in California! My mom, Aunt Dianne, Aunt Dorothy, and cousin Haily came during the week of Thanksgiving. We kept very busy sightseeing, it was wonderful being able to show people my home! We went to the beaches, Santa Monica Pier, Malibu Winery, Pasadena, San Diego, Hollywood, and more!




December:

My roommates Grandma passed away, so we went to Patterson for her celebration service. That same weekend, my roommate Lena and I went to San Francisco and met my college friend Megan and Lena's family there! It was a great weekend of lots of food and walking!

I finished up my internship in Duarte, and completed many projects before flying home to Wisconsin for the Holidays!


Now with a return to a less busy life, I hope to have more of a balance. Many times this fall I forgot to breathe, or forgot how to breathe, and I certainly can't always live like that. I am now able to have some time of rest and reflection, and will hopefully blog a little bit more :)

2 comments:

Jim said...

Search engines like yahoo thinks in which Office 2007 downlaod practically persistently in foriegn homework, the notion that personal computer requirements furthermore truth go on the net rather than regarding Pcs. However often times your current multi-level may be not reachable, and, Microsoft office 2007 sometimes Web-based wordpress by way of example the latest Googlemail skillfully take up less than dozens of problems. Microsoft Office 2010 Standard

Alice said...

tee shirts burberry homme
tee shirts ED Hardy hommes
tee shirts G star homme
tee shirts louis vuitton homme
chaussures femmes
chaussures chanel femmes
chaussures chanel high heels
chaussures chanel low heels
chaussures louis vuitton femmes
chaussures Louis Vuitton femmes low heels
chaussures Nike Gladiateur Mid femmes
Accessories & jewelry
Accessoires Sac louis vuitton