Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Happy (late) Daddy's Day!


Wow, what to say about my daddy. I truly don't have words, I get choked up just thinking about him, but I will try. Saying he is an amazing man just doesn't cut it. I could not be more proud of who he is, and how God has worked in him and through him. It's that goose-bump, heart-raising, tears-in-eyes type pride I have for him that makes words not enough.

When I was little, I wanted to be just like my daddy. When he would get home from work, I would be ecstatic, and knew that I had his full attention. He could get me out of a bad mood like nobody's business, just by singing on the top of his lungs "I Will Follow You", or giving me a whisker rub or tickle torture. Yes, I was my daddy's girl. And I still am. I do want to be like him. I desire that strength. I want his ability to learn and succeed at everything. I want his gift of teaching.



At this time that I see my daddy go through the pain of cancer and treatments, the disease that has taken his body and parts of his mind, I have the peace and assurance that God is completely in all of this. He has used my dad as a vessel for His glory, and for that, I couldn't be more proud.

No comments: