Sunday, June 28, 2009

a very merry half-birthday!


My friends took me to Sea World for my birthday present....and although it was approximately 7 months late, I was THRILLED! Who knew a killer whale could make a girl so happy? The last time I saw Shamu, I was 6 years old and in Florida. I gotta say, the whale ages well, especially for his daily commute between Orlando and San Diego. It was a fantastic day filled with some of my favorite California buddies, yummy Mexican food in Old Town San Diego, shopping at a craft fair, sea life, dolphin splashes, silly shows, and take-out at La Jolla beach during sunset. Although there were a few minor issues (gum on the bottom of my purse, ice cream bar falling on the ground, red streaks down my legs, and one blister), the day was amazing, and I gotta say once more how blessed I am to have such amazing friends!

1 comment:

Jamie Lapeyrolerie said...

I LOVE Sea World!! Glad you had a blast :)