Tuesday, October 21, 2008

oh goodness....

things i hear as a substitute:
  • "Ms. B, did your nose ring hurt?"
  • "Ms. B, you are so pretty, you should be on Next Top Model"
  • "Ms. B, I like your eyes"
  • "Ms. B, are you going to teach here forever?"
  • "Ms. B, why do you say 'about' like that?"
  • "Ms. B, do you like USC or UCLA?"
and what i was asked today.....
  • "Ms. B, are you a virgin?" (asked by Archangel....yes, that is his name)
  • "Ms. B, is it true that if you have sex, your acne goes away?" (asked by Felipe, a preteen with acne)
  • "You have a NOSE RING? You're the first teacher I've ever seen with that! There is a God!" (said Friday by an 8th grade girl)
i love my job.

6 comments:

becca said...

you live in l.a.?? are we really living on the same coast?? the only thing people ask me at work these days are, "don't you get sick of chocolate?" no. i don't.

Unknown said...

That's stinkin awesome!!!!!!

Jaci Bounds said...

oh my gosh sheena! i laughed outloud. kids are so crazy!

Mariko Marie said...

That's rad, Ms. B!!!

Sarah said...

Love this post! Kids are hilarious!

I have to ask, how did you get such a cute background on your blog? I am jealous.

dktoday said...

awesome. if i was one of your students, i would ask, "do you have a vespa yet!?"