Thursday, November 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Grandpa!!!


I love this man so much! He turns 91 today. What an incredible man with an incredible life story. I feel extremely blessed to have him as a Grandfather. He has been such an encouragement to me, and an inspiration for my life. I've learned so many life lessons from him, about working hard, not giving up, on "using it or losing it", being adventurous, loving life, and about having a sincere and honest relationship with my Lord and Savior. His faith and trust in God has been amazing to watch, and I'm so lucky to have been a part of his life. He is such a servant, so humble, patient, and just a wonderful man. He once asked me why I haven't settled down yet and gotten married, and I told him I won't settle for a man thats not like him. He loved hearing that, and it's true. :) One of my favorite sounds is hearing him pray, and I can't wait to see him in 5 weeks! I was so blessed to be able to spend some quality time this summer with him and my Grandma, especially on our road trip to California. This week he and my Grandma, along with my aunt and uncle are taking another road trip, to Branson, Missouri. How amazing, cross-country twice in one year at the age of 91!




No comments: