Tuesday, December 9, 2008

commissioned!

On Sunday night I went through the commissioning ceremony at Mosaic, and it was amazing. Being commissioned means I am now part of the volunteer staff at the Inland Empire Mosaic. I went through the core values, called the Life in Christ with my friend Sarah, and this was a very special time. I can't tell you how wonderful it feels to finally have a church, other than the one I grew up in. When living in Minneapolis, I never really clicked with a church, never had that community, so its so special to me now! It was wonderful to be at the commissioning service, surrounded by my new close friends. We sang Christmas songs, had a message, and then had prayer. Those in my small group surrounded me and prayed over me. It means so much to me to have people in my life that will support and uplift me, people that are so real, sincere, and intentional. I am certainly blessed!

The craziest thing, I met a new wonderful couple on Sunday night, and they had found my blog months ago, and they came to the church, and we met!

No comments: