Saturday, December 13, 2008

week experiences...

Here's some things I experienced while subbing this week:

6th Grade:

Student: "Ms. Baughman, say Lettuce and then spell CUP backwards"
Me: "Sweetie, I invented that when I was in the 6th grade"
Student: "Really?"
Me: "Yes, its true".

Student: "Ms. Baughman, spell PIG backwards!"
Me: "Right...."

I also got to watch the kids practice Thriller for their Christmas show. 95 6th graders acting like MJ....

4th Grade:

"Ms. B, are you a teenager?"

"Ms. B, watch, I can blow smoke out of my ears" as he proceeded to blow up his cheeks with air, and actually try to blow smoke out of his ears....

"Ohhhh teacher, I like your nails, they are pretty."

8th Grade:

"Ms. Baughman, are you German? You look German"

"Ms. Baughman, you are SO tall, do you play basketball? You look like a sporty woman"

I got to watch the 8th graders do the Cha Cha Slide for their P.E. grade.... who knew P.E. could be that fun? Where was the Cha Cha Slide when I was in 8th grade?

Kindergarten:

I had a little girl keep on whispering in my ear, here are somethings she said:
Student: "Teacher, I love you teacher."
Me: "Oh thank you sweetie"

Student: "Can you take me home with you?"
Me: "Oh I would love to, but I can't"
Student: "Well then can you come to my home, or I could come to your home?"
Me: "Sorry sweetie, we'll just have to have some fun here before you go home"

I also had a boy with seizures in my classroom, with a helmet. He was adorable. I wanted to take all the kids home with me!

I love my job, but am thankful someday I will be at just ONE school, and get to create relationships with those students!

No comments: