Monday, September 15, 2008

55 things about me....

I liked Jaci & Mariko's "Facts" so much...I decided to add my own random things about myself. And yes, it is to procrastinate from homework :)

1. I love movies in parks. It was one of my favorite Twin Cities summer time things.

2. I love everything about photography. Digital, film, darkrooms, printing, framing. I'd pursue this as a career if I wasn't afraid of failure.

3. Fall really excites me. I love Thanksgiving, and the smells and food that go along with it. Hunting season was one of my favorite times as a child.

4. Kristi Yamaguchi was one of my heros as a child. I used to pretend I was her in my basement with my roller skates, making up routines to Mariah Carey.

5. Celine Dion's These Are the Special Times is still my favorite Christmas CD. Second is Mariah Carey Merry Christmas.

6. I've been in 23 countries. And I'm currently 23. I want to keep this up.

7. I love the colors red, yellow and green. Especially when they are together.

8. I believe raspberries, chocolate chips, coconut, and ice cream were made for eachother.

9. I really love earrings, scarfs, and all accessories in general. I love finding one-of-a-kind pieces.

10. I absolutly hate ants. They always ruin perfect picnics.

11. I have many shoes, although I'd always prefer going barefoot.

12. Elf and Dwight on the Office always make me laugh. I love my Dwight bobblehead.

13. I love anything vintage. Old things are treasures to me.

14. I love the style of the 30's-50's. Sometimes I think I was meant to be in that era.

15. I love to cook and bake. And I rarely follow the recipe, I'd rather add my own spice.

16. The first occupation I wanted to have is a missionary. I told this to my mom when I was 3, because I liked the missionary's outfits when they came to church. I'd still like to be a missionary.

17. One of my dreams is to skydive over the Swiss Alps. But skydiving over Colorado would do.

18. Homemade salsa and guacamole are to die for.

19. I love the feeling in my stomach when I ride on rollercoasters.

20. Someday I want to get all dressed up and go to a ball, and dance.

21. I'm accident prone. Surprisingly I've never broken a bone.

22. I'm passionate about justice. And love. And peace. And Jesus. And believe they all go hand in hand.

23. Dove dark chocolate is my favorite. Great taste, and the messages are fun. I love quotes.

24. I know self-defense. It was one of my favorite classes.

25. I like doing the dishes while listening to Madeline Peryoux.

26. I always wanted a brother or sister, but have been blessed to have many cousins and friends that fill that want.

27. I have all 4 grandparents, and am incredibly blessed to know them and be close to them.

28. My favorite part of summer was always Christian Harbor Youth Camp.

29. Giving back the rented moped in Greece was hard to do.

30. I fell in love in Amsterdam and with Amsterdam.

31. Children's books make me happy.

32. I've seen the incredible power and majesty of God and tremble at the thought.

33. My favorite sound is the sound of children laughing.

34. I have to take a shower and wash my hair every morning otherwise I feel gross all day long.

35. Pandora.com is great.

36. I'm from a town of 256, and I love it. It's home.

37. I'm not a picky eater, usually anything makes me happy.

38. Being at an airport is so exciting to me, its the best people watching ever.

39. I want to make a difference in the lives of youth.

40. My Rand McNally map was a prized posession of mine in 2nd grade.

41. Kids convinced me I was adopted as a child. I believed them for awhile.

42. I always start journals and don't finish them. I'd like to get better at this.

43. I get excited about my future.

44. I wish I could dance better. I love dancing movies and TV shows.

45. I like to take tests. Filling in blank spots with answers I know excites me. So do good impromtu essays.

46. I love learning new cities and cultures.

47. Watching people hurt hurts me so badly. It makes me wonder how God feels.

48. I love the feeling of fourwheeling.

49. I am seriously addicted to coffee. Although, now I only need 1 cup instead of 3 per morning. There is nothing like the smell of coffee beans and a fresh pot.

50. I love making cards and sending them to people.

51. I can type an average of 88 words per minute. My last clerical test was last year, and I got a high of 102 words per minute. I used to be obsessed with typing, and as I would talk, sometimes I would move my fingers like I was typing out the words. Court reporting would be a good profession for me.

52. I still use my fingers to count sometimes. I didnt' get the smart-math-enginerring genes like the rest of my family.

53. I like my freckles.

54. I absolutly love hanging out with my parents. I've always been happy they are mine.

55. Above all, I know I'm a child of God, and want my life to be honoring to Him.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am jealous of #6. :) I wish I could party with you guys every weekend!

lenamarie said...

OMG, I can't believe I'm not the only one who does #51. That makes me feel better. =) I've never admitted that before, but sometimes when I talk or someone else is talking or something, I try to see if I could type what they're saying and keep up.

sheena marie said...

I can't believe someone else does that! Even when I'm watching TV I try to see if I could type it. Weird :)

Lindsay and Emily said...

It makes me really happy that you still love your Dwight Schrute bobble head.

I'm stalking you through your blog.. it's true. I can't be more excited for you and your new adventure in California. I hope you take advantage of every minute of your time out there. It's a perfect place for you- the amount of adventure out there is exponentially greater than in the Twin Cities.. but definitely tied with the adventure you're accustomed to in rural Wisconsin. :)

Take care.