Monday, September 15, 2008

California dreaming....

Today I decided to go to the beach to do some "studying". It was awesome. I woke up, put on shorts and a hat, made my coffee and packed a lunch and headed out. With Jack Johnson blaring on my radio, I ventured to Huntington Beach.

I am just in amazement to be living SO close to the ocean. Only 35 miles and I'm there with the crashing waves, sea gulls, and terrific people watching (I just love watching people surf....maybe one day I'll give it a try!). My feet were so happy in the sand, getting a natural pedicure, and my skin was happy getting sun kissed (although now I do have nice raccoon eyes because of my sunglasses...). It was so nice just sitting and watching people, journaling, reading, and taking a nice walk on the beach. I could get used to having no job.... :)

Watching people ride their vintage single speed cruiser bikes made me so jealous, I've wanted one for years. The one I want looks like this, except I want a basket in front. I can see myself riding it, on the boardwalks, with a sundress, lunch in my basket.....mmm...California dreaming.

No comments: