Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I heart fairs...and 5th graders

Today I was a chaperon for Ms. McGee's 5th grade trip to the L.A. County Fair. What an EXCITING day! We saw the animals....played in "snow" (what a joke for a midwest girl!)....got free stuff...ate a good lunch.....looked at souvenirs, and so much more!

I really just love 5th graders, its such a great age. I remember when I was in 5th grade, and I loved my teacher Mrs. Gasior. It was in 5th grade my mom had cancer, and it was such a transitional year for me. The kids I have always volunteered with have been in 5th grade...and I just love it.

Anyways, here are some things I've heard...

"Ms. Sheena, congratulations on pursuing your Masters"

"Ms. Sheena, are you and Ms. McGee sisters? You totally look alike"

"I saw things here [at the fair] that nobody should see" - in reference to watching a cow give birth

and....one girl was singing "Can't touch this"....haha!

It was a great day, and I felt blessed to hang out with these awesome pre-teens :)

1 comment:

Robin Krill said...

I don't know you, but I am a good friend of your roomies and I have heard so many wonderful things about you. I am thankful for you as I know you are an answer to prayer for Erin and Lena. Take care of my buddies and hopefully I'll be able to meet you one day.