Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Weekend Recap...

My first full weekend here in California was pretty eventful!

Friday night I was able to go out to eat with some people from Mosaic Inland and my roommates. It was a great night of fellowship and excellent pizza! I felt extremely blessed to have this community within my first week in California. And, my roommate Lena and I ended the night with an episode of Psych, my first time watching the show....so funny!

Saturday night my roommates and I went to In-n-Out Burger, it was a must-have experience. Overall, burger and malt shake was excellent....much better than McD's, but not as good as Culvers! We followed this by going to the House of Blues in Anaheim, for the Lucy Wainwright Rouche and Amos Lee concert. Concert = excellent. Guy standing next to us shouting every couple seconds "wooohoooo, bring it Amos" = not so excellent. This Amos fan told my roommate Erin no one can listen to Amos without a glass of whiskey. It made for an interesting night!

Sunday I went to Mosaic, and really enjoyed it. The congregation seemed very real and sincere, which is something very important to me when looking for a new church body. I couldn't have left there without being stopped for conversation, which is great. And I really like the vision of Mosaic. After church we went to eat with some people, some that I met on Friday, and some new faces. We went to Que Pasa, a Mexican fast-food place. Heres where a "this-would-happen-to-Sheena" moment happened. I got my tray of fresh fast-food Mexican, a tray full of Quesidillas, salsa, guac, black beans and rice, and decided I needed water. So I leaned my tray against the counter to get water. Well, the counter wasn't wide enough for the tray. The next second I had black beans and rice all over my shoes and feet, and a beautiful array of colors on my grey and white skirt. Great first impression! I tried to clean up, but the worker was so gracious and cleaned it up, and brought new food to me after I had gone to the bathroom to wipe the beans and rice off my feet, and wash my skirt as best as possible. I've had enough of these experiences to not be embarrassed too badly, and it will make for a good memory! And, with Shout Gel being one of my best friends, my skirt has no more stains.

Conversations were great though at this after-church-lunch. It was great to meet people, hear stories, and share mine. After lunch, my roommate Lena and I went to Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2, to conclude our eventful weekend. Yes, cheesy, but a wonderful feel-good movie (and plus, I've read all 4 books, so I had to watch the movie!)

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus". 1Thessalonians 5:16-18

No comments: