Monday, September 29, 2008

and the vote goes to.....

Tonight I exercised my right and privilege to vote as an American citizen in the good ol' U.S of A. Although it wasn't the presidential election, it was almost as important. It was my first time voting in a reality show, and since I'm such a big fan of Dancing with the Stars, I know I needed to show my commitment by voting for my favorites. It was a great experience, and I think I will become a dedicated voter to the show now. Oh, and they just came out with a Dancing with the Stars: Cardio Latin Dance workout tape. Mom, I would like this for Christmas.

In other news, I had an incredible day at the beach with my new friend Colleen. Although we had some trouble finding our way (it took us 2 hours for 35 miles....Mapquest is not good, I really need a GPS), we had a blast asking people for directions while rolling down our windows at stoplights. Californian's are extremely friendly when asking for directions, and everyone we motioned to rolled down their window to talk to us. It was also one of they ten days in the year it rains in SoCal, the one day we picked to go to the beach. We got just a little wet, but it was fun to see Cali has more weather than just sun. We went to Corona del Mar in Newport Beach, and explored tide pools, climbed rocks, watched cliff divers, and enjoyed the sand. I was so happy I wore my Chacos, they were perfect for exploring. Then we went to Balboa Island, ate at a great place (I had an amazing Avocado Burger!), walked around the whole island looking at the huge & unique houses, then enjoyed a World's Best Frozen Banana. I always get excited when I see something that says "World's Best", because I think of the movie Elf, and just want to yell at them "CONGRATULATIONS!" Anyway, it was delicious, and a fun place to explore. Because we didn't want to hit bad traffic, we decided to also go to Laguna Beach, and it was beautiful. It was a great day, so good to share with a new friend!

Corona del Mar beach in Newport Beach, you can see the rain!

Colleen exploring

World's Best?

Yeah, we think so!
Laguna Beach

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love and miss those beaches! Glad you are experiencing all the Cali type things (and that they are nice :)

lenamarie said...

Yay for new friends and fun adventures. =) Everyone has to go to the beach in the rain at least once in their lives. =) And weren't the sights, sounds and food worth it? Mmmmm Frozen Bananas are great.

dktoday said...

i love frozen bananas!